These guidelines are designed by SoFA to ensure that the durable employment e-Village is an enjoyable, inspiring and safe site for our users. Common sense, courtesy and respect for all in the community are the basic starting blocks of good communication and form the basis for our community guidelines.
We may update these guidelines from time to time and recommend that you check back once in a while. We will also continue to develop new features of the site and they will fall under these guidelines.
Important things to remember:
- You are responsible for your interactions with other users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
- These guidliens apply to all content you contribute as part of the durable employment e-Village, including your profile.
- User content on the site reflects the opinions and experience of those users, not SoFA.
Community do’s and Don’ts
- Be sincere in your contributions. Post with purpose – to inspire, enable or share.
- Respect that other people have different points of view and try not to take things personally.
- Welcome newcomers to the e-village
- Give feedback to colleagues and SoFA in a helpful and constructive manner
- Lead by example – Use the report abuse function to alert us to problem content or members
- Look for the best place to participate – look around the site to find the areas that most interest you.
- Keep t legal – Don’t get yourself into trouble by defaming others, posting porn, plotting illegal activities or posting other people’s private information.
- Use common sense and balance when seeking advice. Make your own inquiries, especially around health and safety.
- Create content of a discriminatory or derogatory nature. Rich debate is wonderful and you can do it without being offensive, humiliating or intimidating based on being mindful of respecting differences such as:
- Race, colour, ethnicity, nationality or physical characteristics
- Gender or sexual orientation
- Religion or non-religious points of views
- Socio-economic status
- Physical, mental or intellectual disability or impairment
- The different ways people express themselves
- Create content which would be reasonably classified as exclusively adult and restricted accordingly – such as pornography or graphic violence.
- Defame, harass, flame or hold grudges
- Impersonate another person
- Advertise commercial products or services
- Conduct formal research without telling people . SoFA is open to cooperation with professional researchers, but you need to contact us with details about your needs and interests. Studying our community members without permission is not permitted.
- Use excessively coarse language
- Discuss how to commit illegal activities
Looking after the Community
We have an internal specialist moderation team who monitor our community to ensure activity is in the spirit of these guidelines and that all village members get the most out of their experience.
All over the website you will see Report buttons that let you notify us of any content or activity that breaches the rules. This helps you look after the community too.